Introduce yourself!

Use this thread to tell us more about yourself :grinning:

My name is Gary Coulter. I have been involved with math, computer science and academia most of my career. Iā€™ve been on the internet since 1983 when I was introduced to usenet while working as an assembly language programmer at Radio Shack/Tandy. I retired from education in 2012. I have been actively following RChain since shortly after the DAO hack. Iā€™ve been with Diglife for over a year.

My immediate interests are developing dapps on RChain and promoting collective intelligence. I am a decentralization maximalist.

HI. Iā€™m KellyO. In Toronto working with the Systems Changes team.

Hi,

Iā€™m Nishat Korada and I grew up on 4 ā€œcontinentsā€ having to read and write in 7 different languages. Iā€™m an eternal student, a bookworm, nerdy, love to be a learner and expose myself to ā€œout of my comfort zoneā€ ideas and discussions.

Iā€™m based in Toronto and have worked in cybersecurity, CMMI, data analytics and business analysis. I look forward to discussing and exploring new ideas/activities/inquiries in here.

Hi, my name is Bodo, Iā€™m an Open Innovator in Education technology and Collective Intelligence. Iā€™m specifically interested in tangible ways to increase the efficiency of the collective intelligence of the world. and to that end Iā€™ve been working on two projects, 1: Building a new foundation for Learning that can accelerate collective intelligence (The Learning Map), and 2 Building a new foundation for how we do the things we learn (The Doing Map). Both of these are designed to drastically reduce the transaction cost of our learning and doing, the costs that hinder more rapid innovation and the creation of a more efficient collective intelligence. Iā€™d be interested to learn more from this community and to share what Iā€™ve learned.

Welcome @Bodo, and thank you for joining last weekā€™s #peer-learning-groups:metacaugs call! Its unfortunate we didnā€™t get to hear more from you. Iā€™m really intrigued by your learning map project. Its something Iā€™ve been thinking about how to accomplish within Open Learning Commons for a while nowā€¦ Would love to have a chat with you about it. Maybe on the next MetaCAugs call?

I will update the about page for #peer-learning-groups:metacaugs here, but our hub for the last months has been on Telegram :arrow_right: https://t.me/metacaugs (Maybe you use that app?). If you look at the pinned message there you will find more resources, and details about how to attend our weekly calls at 3PM ET. (We also have a calendar that can be subscribed to that helps fix time zone confusions, I will also put that info here on Discourse on the #peer-learning-groups:metacaugs about page )

Everyone here is invited to attend! :slight_smile:

Thank you @Robert, yes Iā€™ll try join next week on tuesday. It would be good to learn more and Iā€™d be happy to share more on the things iā€™m working on.

Micah here. Located in Atlanta, GA. Previously worked on the Holo(chain) project. Switching careers into the legal field. Living and learning.

1 Like

Hi, my name is Jukka-Pekka (or JP). I live in Helsinki, Finland and Iā€™m currently working at BearingPoint as a consultant in their technology service area. I have a background in Business Management and Organizations, and I studied in the Creative Sustainability Masterā€™s Degree program at Aalto University, Finland. During my studies I had the opportunity to learn about Systems Thinking from David Ing, who was teaching the Systems Thinking 2 course back then. Iā€™m about to start my PhD studies in September at Aalto University, where I will work as part of a research group investigating the Circular Economy in the Finnish textile industry.