Systems thinking, systems that learn, and learning in systems

As I’m preparing for #4 of 4 lectures at OCADU – covering the “how” (or techne), I’m having to refer back to a rather complete blog post at http://coevolving.com/blogs/index.php/archive/systems-thinking-systems-that-learn-and-learning-in-service-systems/ .

This covers a lot of ground. The Bateson content, people may have seen before. The situated learning / communities of practice content from Lave and Wenger may be new.

I’m see situated learning as an alternative to the “change in three steps” approach based on Lewin’s field theory, underpinning most approaches to change management.

The slides should be up soon. There won’t be enough time in the class to cover the content well, so perhaps the blog post should be a pre-reading for a future Systems Thinking Ontario (slow) session.

Creative Commons Licence Contributions to the Open Learning Commons are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Please honor the spirit of collective open learning by citing the author(s) in the context of a dialogue and/or linking back to the original source.